Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Diego County Mountains
High Wind Watch, Wind Advisory
Statement as of 7:24 PM PST on November 22, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EST on November 23, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am PST Sunday...
... High wind watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect from Monday afternoon through Tuesday
afternoon. A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am PST
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with local gusts to 55 mph through
tonight... then east to northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts 65 to 75
mph late Monday through Tuesday.
* Timing... through tonight for the west winds. Late Monday
afternoon through Tuesday afternoon for the northeast winds.
* Location... along the Desert Mountain slopes through tonight...
then along the coastal slopes and near the San Gorgonio Pass
beginning Sunday afternoon. Strongest late Monday through
* Visibility... in the deserts locally reduced in blowing dust
and sand at times.
* Impacts... strong gusty winds will make driving hazardous...
especially for high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree
limbs and localized blowing dust.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 12:59 PM PST on November 22, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on November 25, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from late Sunday night through
Tuesday afternoon for gusty winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for strong gusty winds and low humidity... which
is in effect from late Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon.
* Winds... areas northeast to east 25 to 35 mph... with gusts 50 to
60 mph. Local gusts 70 to 80 mph on Tuesday.
* Relative humidity... lowest daytime in the teens on Sunday... and
the single digits Tuesday and Wednesday... with poor overnight
recovery. Teens again on Wednesday and Thursday.
* Timing... Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon. Strongest
winds in the mornings... with winds peaking Tuesday.
* Outlook... winds will begin to diminish and relative humidity
will begin to increase on Wednesday and continue through Friday.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:43 PM PST on November 22, 2014
... Max wind gusts from the last 12 hours...
Location speed time/date lat/Lon
Whitewater RAWS (2546 ft) 57 mph 0650 PM 11/22 33.95n/116.66w
Snow Peak (7866 ft) 54 mph 0807 PM 11/22 34.04n/116.81w
Mount Laguna (6300 ft) 50 mph 0805 PM 11/22 32.89n/116.42w
Edom Hill (6 NE psp) (1550 ft) 50 mph 0750 PM 11/22 33.87n/116.43w
Victorville (5 n) (4650 ft) 50 mph 0315 PM 11/22 34.61n/117.29w
Volcan mountain (5154 ft) 48 mph 0310 PM 11/22 33.10n/116.58w
Burns Canyon (6284 ft) 47 mph 0551 PM 11/22 34.21n/116.62w
Lake Gregory (4551 ft) 44 mph 1000 am 11/22 34.24n/117.28w
White Water (2 s) (1133 ft) 41 mph 0430 PM 11/22 33.90n/116.64w
El Mirage (2880 ft) 41 mph 0126 PM 11/22 34.63n/117.55w
Victorville Airport (2884 ft) 40 mph 0235 PM 11/22 34.60n/117.38w
Harrison Park (4861 ft) 39 mph 0320 PM 11/22 33.04n/116.56w
Ocotillo Wells (436 ft) 39 mph 0755 PM 11/22 33.15n/116.18w
Adelanto (5 w) (2943 ft) 39 mph 0250 PM 11/22 34.57n/117.53w
Apple Valley 2 (3159 ft) 37 mph 0350 PM 11/22 34.59n/117.17w
Wrightwood (6371 ft) 36 mph 0444 PM 11/22 34.36n/117.65w
pinyon (4060 ft) 36 mph 0436 PM 11/22 33.58n/116.45w
Borrego Springs (587 ft) 36 mph 0646 PM 11/22 33.19n/116.28w
Apple Valley Airport (3062 ft) 36 mph 0555 PM 11/22 34.58n/117.19w
Julian (2 se) (4487 ft) 35 mph 0330 PM 11/22 33.06n/116.57w
Pinon Hills (4302 ft) 35 mph 0222 PM 11/22 34.43n/117.65w
Lucerne Valley (2936 ft) 34 mph 0405 PM 11/22 34.44n/117.03w
Mt San Jacinto (8616 ft) 34 mph 0553 PM 11/22 33.82n/116.64w
Santiago Peak (5694 ft) 34 mph 0559 PM 11/22 33.71n/117.53w
Ranchita (raws) (4415 ft) 34 mph 0407 PM 11/22 33.22n/116.50w
Ranchita (4128 ft) 34 mph 0340 PM 11/22 33.21n/116.51w
Boulevard west (3404 ft) 33 mph 0120 PM 11/22 32.66n/116.29w
Means Lake (2818 ft) 33 mph 0626 PM 11/22 34.39n/116.52w
lucky five ranch (4740 ft) 32 mph 0200 PM 11/22 32.93n/116.53w
east Warners (3242 ft) 32 mph 0120 PM 11/22 33.23n/116.61w
Camp Pendleton north (915 ft) 32 mph 1017 am 11/22 33.37n/117.36w
Big Bear City Airport 31 mph 0215 PM 11/22 34.26n/116.85w
Crestwood (4114 ft) 31 mph 0150 PM 11/22 32.70n/116.35w
Big Bear City (2 se) (6790 ft) 31 mph 0340 PM 11/22 34.25n/116.81w
Lucerne Valley (3035 ft) 30 mph 1251 PM 11/22 34.44n/116.98w
Cabazon (2154 ft) 30 mph 0114 PM 11/22 33.93n/116.81w
mataguay (2803 ft) 30 mph 0120 PM 11/22 33.22n/116.70w
Apple Valley Airport (3100 ft) 30 mph 0130 PM 11/22 34.42n/116.88w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Watch, Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Maine - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch
- New York - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - High Wind Watch
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - High Wind Watch
- Texas - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Tornado Watch
- - Gale Watch