Los Angeles Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Uncompahgre Plateau/Dallas Divide
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 8:27 PM MDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 27, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning
through Sunday afternoon...
* timing... rain and snow will spread across the watch area
Saturday morning. Greatest snow accumulations are expected
Saturday night with precipitation decreasing from the west by
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches are possible by Sunday
* Snow level... around 9000 feet on Saturday then lowering to
mountain bases Saturday night.
* Winds... south to southwest 15 to 25 mph Saturday becoming
northwest by Sunday.
* Visibility... reduced to less than a mile in periods of heavier
* Impacts... roads will likely become slushy and eventually
snowpacked Saturday night hindering travel over mountain
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations and/or blowing snow that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:25 PM MDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on April 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 7 PM MDT
Friday for gusty winds... low humidity... and dry fuels for fire
weather zones 290 and 292 below 9000 feet...
* affected area...
in Colorado... fire weather zone 290 Paradox Valley
forecast area below 9000 feet and
fire weather zone 292 North Fork forecast
area below 9000 feet.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... 9 to 14 percent.
* Impacts... conditions will become favorable for rapid fire growth and
an increased chance of escape. Agricultural and other Burns
should be postponed.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field
personnel of this red flag warning.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/gjt (all lower case)
Statement as of 5:01 AM MDT on April 24, 2014
... New low temperature record set...
At 4:54 am, the temperature in Grand Junction, as measured at the
Grand Junction regional Airport, dropped to 28 degrees. This sets a
new record low temperature for April 24, breaking the old record of
29 degrees, last reached in 1958.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Freeze Warning
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement