Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Eastern Lemhi County
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:20 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday evening through
late Sunday night...
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday evening through
late Sunday night.
* Impacts/timing: potential for heavy wet snow to impact area
passes Saturday night through Sunday. Heavy snow followed by
rain could make mountain roads very difficult or dangerous to
travel on at times. Lookout, Lolo, and lost trail passes will
most likely be impacted, with impacts also possible at
Homestake, McDonald, and marias passes. Many higher elevation
locations such as Elk City, Dixie, and Gilmore Summit in central
Idaho, and Georgetown Lake and Seeley Lake in Montana could
receive several inches of snow also.
* Snow accumulations: lookout, Lolo, and lost trail passes will be
most impacted with potential snow accumulations 6 - 12 inches in
24 hours. Homestake, McDonald, and marias passes could
potentially have 2 - 8 inches in 24 hours.
* Locations impacted include... Dixie... Elk City... Bannock Pass...
Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine... Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass
to Gibbonsville... Lemhi Pass... bad Rock Canyon... Essex...
Highway 83 Bigfork to Swan Lake... Marias Pass... Polebridge...
Evaro hill... I-90 Lookout Pass to Haugan... Highway 93 Sula to
Lost Trail Pass... Lolo Pass... Butte... Georgetown Lake...
Highway 12 Garrison to Elliston... Homestake pass... MacDonald
Pass... Highway 83 Seeley Lake to Condon... I-90 East Missoula
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory