Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Harding County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:06 PM MDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through late tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central nm... including the following
areas... Central Highlands... De Baca County... east slopes Sangre
de Cristo Mountains... eastern San Miguel County... Estancia
valley... far northeast Highlands... far northwest Highlands...
Guadalupe County... Harding County... Jemez Mountains... lower Chama
River Valley... northeast Highlands... northern Sangre de Cristos
above 9500 feet/Red River... northwest Highlands... Quay County...
Raton ridge/Johnson Mesa... San Francisco River Valley... San Juan
Mountains... Sandia/Manzano Mountains... Santa Fe Metro area...
southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet... Southwest
Mountains... Union County... upper Rio Grande Valley... west Central
Highlands... west central mountains... west Central Plateau and
west slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Through late tonight
* a very moist air mass remains in place over much of New Mexico...
and additional showers and thunderstorms are expected to
periodically develop today and tonight. There is potential for
periods of heavy rainfall... and rainfall rates will commonly
approach 1 to 3 inches per hour with some heavier downpours
possible in localized areas.
* Flash flooding will be most susceptible around steep terrain...
urban drainages... and areas that have recently experienced heavy
rainfall over the past few days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:25 PM EDT on July 31, 2015
National Weather Service Albuquerque nm
0224pm PM MDT Fri Jul 31 2015
... Des Moines... Clayton area weather radio back in service...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter serving the Des Moines and
Clayton area is currently back up and running. Station W x l 90
operates on a frequency of 162.550 megahertz... and serves portions
of northeast New Mexico... including Union... Colfax... Harding and
Thank you for your patience during the outage.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report