Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 12:02 AM MDT on August 28, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening
for low humidity... breezy winds... and critically dry fuels for
fire weather zones 140 and 286...
* wind... west to southwest 10 to 15 with frequent gusts to
around25 mph. Slightly higher winds in the Absaroka Mountains
and on ridge tops.
* Humidity... 12 to 17 percent this afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is strongly discouraged.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 6:35 PM MDT on August 27, 2016
... Record low temperature tied at Riverton Wyoming on Saturday...
The temperature at Riverton Regional Airport fell to 46 degrees
Saturday morning. This reading tied the old record of 46 set in
2008. Note... the records for the Riverton Airport site only date
back to 1996.
The record low temperature at the cooperative site at Riverton for
August 27 is 31 degrees... which was set in 1992.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Ohio - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- West Virginia - Heat Advisory
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report